How to Keep Your Skin Healthy On Your Caribbean Vacation
While you’re quenching your thirst for adventure and appeasing your appetite for sun and sand on your Caribbean vacation, it's important not to overlook the needs of your skin. The balmy breezes of Providenciales' Grace Bay beach provide mega doses of Vitamin "Sea" and of course an abundance of happiness-inducing Vitamin D.
However, your skin acts as the conduit for absorbing and converting the sunshine vitamin into several body and mind benefitting factors, so keeping your skin healthy in the Caribbean sunshine should be at the top of your healthy habits list.
How To Stay Healthy In Under the Caribbean Sun
With an average temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius) and cooling easterly trade winds, the Turks and Caicos Islands are an ideal piece of paradise for sunbathing, while offering a superb selection of outdoor adventures.
But before you head outdoors to enjoy your island paradise, remember a few preventative measures to make sure your sun time is a sensational time.
- Apply an effective sunscreen, one that is broad spectrum to protect against both UVA and UVB light, with at least a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher. Be sure to allow 20 minutes before you head out of your suite.
- Sunglasses accentuate your features and create a air of mystery, but when it comes to sun care, choose a good pair of sunglasses which maximize coverage over your eyes. A good pair of sunglasses will help reduce glare and cut down on UV rays.
- Flaunt a hat! Choose a wide brim hat that looks chic while giving your face and neck excellent protection from those rays. If you are out and about, and fairly active, a fitted cap with a bill may be just the solution.
- Sun exposure at midday, usually between 10 am and 3pm can be particularly harmful. Why not use this time to relax in one of the luxurious sun pods on Grace Bay beach or take an afternoon nap in your air conditioned suite. The Courtyard Shops, fitness centre and on-site restaurants are excellent places to have fun while staying protected.
- Reapply sunscreen after swimming or strenuous activity. Sweat and sea water will wash your sunscreen away leaving you vulnerable, so be diligent about re-applying.
- After your day in the sun, take the time to wash off your sunscreen and follow up with a hydrating moisturizer to your skin.
- Consider a moonbathing experience. The Palms Turks and Caicos offers an exquisite beachfront moonbathing experience under the glow of twinkling stars. This experience comes with after dinner cocktails, mini massage treatments and all the moon exposure you can handle.
With so many reasons to make sure your skin continues to look nourished and radiant while basking in the tropics, a rejuvenating spa escape at The Palms Turks and Caicos ensures that your skin glows with health even after your holiday has ended.
The Spa at The Palms offers unique treatments that are custom designed to bring you rejuvenated skin and revitalized health.
What Happens to Your Skin Under the Sun
All the daily sun, water and sand experience, while fun and invigorating, can also mean dry skin and possibly sunburn. Daily exfoliating of the skin can make a dramatic difference both in the condition and health of the skin.
The process of lifting away the dead skin cells creates cell turnover, aids in hydration and promotes smoother glowing skin. Try The Spa at The Palms' body scrubs available to restore a healthful youthful glow again. Ingredients such as Mother of Pearl, citrus, bamboo and crushed conch shell are all used, each having their own special healing properties.
How to Rejuvenate Your Skin After a Day at the Beach
If sunburn happens, you’ll want to nourish and soothe the skin. It’s all about rehydration. For immediate relief, drink plenty of cooling water. Other helpful remedies like Aloe Vera gel and Vitamin E oil or compresses of cold milk, cucumber, or brewed mint tea can bring very effective relief and healing.
The Spa at The Palms offers the Sun Rejuvenation Wrap which includes an initial light skin brushing then a lovely application of soothing mint, cucumber, yogurt, honey and lemon. You’re wrapped up in a blanket to allow the nutrients to penetrate and work their magic. It’s a luxuriating drink for your skin and a complete relaxing rest for your body.
An important ingredient in any relaxing getaway is the opportunity to completely rest, calm your mind and enhance your overall health. You might enter the tranquil space with sun exposed skin and fatigue in your stride, but the therapists at The Spa at The Palms will help you feel completely renewed by the time you leave.
Indulge in the cleansing Mineral Clay Bath, energize with a Fantastic Feet treatment or enjoy complete relaxation with the Four Palms Massage. Keeping your skin healthy in the Caribbean sunshine has never felt so easy or so very decadent.
Finish Your Holiday On A High
Your holiday in the beautiful Turks and Caicos should allow you to experience all the wonders the islands have to offer. But after the exhilaration and excitement in the great outdoors, bliss out at The Palms, a spa resort in the Turks and Caicos. The sensational rush of being so thoroughly pampered will stay with you...
Spa Services at Palm Turks and Caicos
To select one of The Palms Turks and Caicos spa services or to make a group booking, please telephone 866.877.7256, 649-946-8666 or complete the Contact Form.