Take a Vacation in Turks and Caicos With this Conch Fritters Recipe
The cuisine of the Turks and Caicos is a delicious marriage of land and sea. Seafood is a big part of the island’s cuisine as it is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Turks and Caicos cuisine also has European influences as it is a British overseas territory.
Taste the Island With Fried Conch Fritters
Conch is the island’s signature dish. This tropical mollusk with a spiral shell is either prepared as a fresh salad or fried as a fritter. Both are a popular appetizers at restaurants. Here is a fried conch fritter recipe to try at home.
Do you desire a taste of the island? Here is a friend conch fritters recipe to try in the comfort of your own home.
Fried Conch Recipe Ingredients
- 1 quart of oil for frying
- ¾ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup of conch meat, cut up (substitute lobster if conch is not available)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Using a large pot or a deep fryer, heat oil to 365℉ (185℃)
- Mix flour, egg, and milk in a bowl
- Add the assorted spices
- Add conch meat, onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic and mix together.
- Make batter into rounded tablespoons and add to heated oil
- Fry until golden brown
- Drain on paper towels
Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Experience a Culinary Paradise in Turk and Caicos
Ready to taste paradise on one of the world’s most celebrated beaches? The Palms would love to help you plan your perfect culinary getaway. Enjoy delicious Caribbean Fusion cuisine at Parallel23, where you can watch your dish being prepared in our hi-tech display kitchen. If you have any questions or would like to get started planning, contact us now!